Posted on 2016-01-29 by Author admin
One of the important parts of your garage door are the springs that open and close it. May people do not pay attention to their garage doors, until the garage cannot operate at all. Garage door torsion springs are constantly under a lot of pressure. Chances are due to normal wear and tear, incorrect operation of your garage door or some bad luck, the springs will on your garage door will break at some time. The urge will be to try to repair them. You should never attempt to repair your garage door springs at all. Torsion springs require training, experience and the right tools to repair or replace. Chances are, you do not possess any of these skills or tools.
1. Garage doors have two types of springs. Torsion springs that are attached above the closed garage door and extension springs located on the upper tracks on the side of the door. Both can break and both are very dangerous.
Torsion and extension springs on your garage door are wound up very tightly to create the right tension to open or close the door. It is important to hire the service of a professional garage door specialist to handle the repair and replacement of these springs. Atlanta Home Garage Door offer comprehensive garage door repair and maintenance, replacement of garage door springs and all the other garage door services required.
2. However, there are some basic maintenance works you can do on your garage door before you call in the professionals. One of the reasons why springs get noisy and squeaky is when you need to oil or lubricate them. If the springs look dry with rust around the rings, then it is important to oil them. Use silicone based lubricant. If this does not fix the noise, then it's time to call Atlanta Home Garage Doors experts.
3. A garage door professional who is properly trained and has the relevant experience will know what to do. Garage door experts are the right people to repair your garage door because:
– They have the right tools to use when repairing the springs.
– They have the experience and expertise to repair the springs.
– They have the right replacement parts.
4. Most of the DIY garage door springs repair work have ended with severe injury to the person trying to repair them. Sometimes these injuries have been fatal.
5. The other issues that rises up when nonprofessionals try to repair these springs is the aggravated damage to the door that happens. There is a systematic process to repair these springs. Any misstep or miscalculation will end catastrophically. The cost of repairing or replacing springs after some tinkering with the system is always 40% more than the normal cost of repairing and replacing them.
An average garage door weighs anywhere between 200 to 500 pounds. The tension on these springs to lift the garage door is immense. The first step in repairing damaged or broken garage door springs is to call in the experts. To get in touch with us today visit http://www.atlantahomegaragedoors.com and we will have a technician at your home in no time.