Posted on 2015-04-22 by Author admin
Are you looking for garage door repair services? Is your garage door broken, freezing every time or producing a sudden noise? Then what your garage door needs is immediate repair. Fortunately, a Home garage door repair is available in Atlanta. This garage door repair will ensure you get the best repair services available in town. Qualified technicians will attend to you in the most courteous way while providing their help and expertise to your satisfaction. Garage door maintenance service, garage door maintenance cost, Garage Door maintenance are available services in Atlanta. To help you overcome future and recurring garage door malfunctions, it is important to take adequate measures that will prevent the complications. Below, you will find useful safety tips and information on how to maintain your garage door.
6 Garage Door Maintenance and Safety Tips for the Homeowners
Garage door maintenance is important if you really want to get the best use of your garage door, increase its lifespan and enjoy convenience and efficiency all at the same time. Most homeowners may not pay attention to any simple malfunction that happens to their garage door. This simple yet crucial malfunction may result in worse conditions which require costly repairs. To avoid this, here are maintenance and safety tips that will be of use to residential garage door owners.
1. Garage doors should be used only when there is need. Garage doors are not toys or play things hence they should be used strictly for their purpose. Misusing them may result in malfunction.
2. Garage doors should be out of bounds for children. Children should not be allowed to tamper with the operation of the garage door or run under it when it moving. Serious accidents may occur in such cases.
3. Always keep the door in full view when opening or closing, no one should use the garage door while it is moving especially when closing.
4. Always keep a safe distance when the door is opening or closing. Placing your hands or fingers near the garage door in operation may result in injury.
5. Regular services from technicians are recommended to avoid electric faults which may lead to electrocution.
6. Only service technicians should repair garage door springs and cables. Never try it by yourself or else the springs and cables with high tension may lead to serious injury and death when mishandled.
Garage Door Maintenance- Small Steps Prevent Costly Repairs
Simple steps can be used to avert bigger problems that require costly repairs for your garage door.
1. Good lubrication of garage door parts such as the rollers, hinges, roller tracks and latches is important, using solvents such as WD-40 or solvents which are citrus-based. This will reduce noise coming from the door and even prevent rusting.
2. Wiping clean garage door parts using light oils such as 3-in-1 lubricants.
3. Use kerosene to soak stuck up hinges or rollers.
4. Keep regular check of any weather stripping along the sides of the door which may result in jamming. If any replacement is required, then replace it.
5. Seal or paint any garage door that does not have bottom weather stripping. This is mainly for wooden garage doors.
Top Brands of Garage Door Openers
To avoid scenarios where doors get stuck, cannot open or close, it is important to choose the best brand of garage door openers. Garage door openers are available in retail hardware stores across the country. Top garage door brands will serve the purpose of maintaining safety and noise reduction. Top brands of garage door openers include Guardian, Liftmaster 8550 Elite series, Chamberlain Ultra-Quiet, Wall Mount-Chain or Belt, Liftmaster-Screw and Chamberlain Premium Whisper Drive. These brands will give you a hassle-free time without any maintenance service required.
For more information, repair, maintenance and advice, Atlanta Home Garage Doors will provide you with the help and support that you need.