Learn to Reset The Limit Switches of Garage Door Opener
Posted on 2016-11-22 by Author admin
The limit switches are used to operate the functioning of motor. Motor helps to open and close the garage door on a given command. Sometimes, the limit switches fail to work due to their complete life-span or improper handling. The most common symptom is the garage door will not open and close properly, or will reverse back from the midway. This is due to the malfunctioning of the security system which protects the garage door from hitting the ground at once. You need to follow certain steps in order to reset your garage door opener limit switches.
Here is a list of steps following which you can easily bring your garage door back to its original functionality.
Steps to Reset the Limit Switches:
- Inspect the elements of garage door carefully: If your garage door does not open fully or opens till half-way, the up-limit switch need to be adjusted.
- You must note the measure where the door stops in between its path as this will help you to reset the up limit switch on your door opener.
- If your garage door does not closes fully and stops in the mid-way, or it moves up after reaching the mid-way, you need to check the down limit of the garage door opener.
- Measure the gap as it will be required to reset the down limit of the door on the opener.
- Make use of a step ladder to access the limit switches given on the door opener and adjust the settings or tighten the screws on both the ends if they have loosen up.
- Using a flat-blade screwdriver, raise the door up by turning the up-limit screws in a clockwise direction. The chain trolley might move and if it does leave a gap of 2 to 4 inches between the trolley and the cover protection bolt.
- Repeat the same with the down-limit in anticlockwise direction. Using a screwdriver, adjust the distance between the garage door bottom and driveway.
- If the door closes and again reverses up back. Turn on the down-limit in a clockwise direction to resolve the issue.
- If your garage door starts reversing automatically without any given command, reset the down-limit by moving the screw in a clockwise direction.
If these DIY repair technique doesn't help you or you doubt your ability, hire professionals to achieve the perfection in your garage door issues. Atlanta Home Garage Doors offer you services at cheap, affordable and at lower rates. You have to inform at the customer support center to book an appointment to resolve the garage door issues or to schedule any garage door repairs nearby Atlanta, GA. Our professionals are trained, skilled and know how to achieve their goal while performing their job. Call us for (770) 766-9440 (678) 293-0159 (404) 491-8258 (470) 798-4119 (844) 326-6404 any difficulties related to garage door.